Why Gryffindor is the coolest house

 After Soneva Jani, Ravenclaw and my grandparents' old home in Leicester, Gryffindor is the ultimate place in which to be. My beloved cousins Maya and Arun are Gryffindors as are two of my best friends (Cecily and Marie). They are fabulous company and an asset to the Gryffindor house. I'd always denied myself a place in Gryffindor (unlike my persistent admission to Ravenclaw) because I scream when I see a spider. I didn't do too well in the Pottermore questions either by always shying away from the most brave options (such as duelling). However, it is a house which I would love to be in and here are the reasons as to why:

1) The three main protagonists (Harry, Ron and Hermione) are all Gryffindors! Who wouldn't want to be associated with them?!

2) How many times have Gryffindor (admittedly in recent years) won the Quidditch World Cup and the House Cup?! 

3) The head of house is my second favourite character of all time - Minerva McGonagall (who my cat - Tiffany Niamh Minerva Anand - is partly named after). What an ultimate legend! 

4) Dumbledore is an alumni of Gryffindor house as was the underrated Lupin and another one of my favourites - Lily Potter (nee Evans). Rubeus Hagrid was also a Gryffindor! 

5) Gryffindor values bravery - it was bravery that won the Battle of Hogwarts (also controversial opinion - Snape should have been a Gryffindor and Pettigrew should have been a Slytherin). 


Comments