The Samaritans: 

On 1st November 2021 until 31st December 2026 I will be walking four miles every day to raise money for the Samaritans. My eventual total will be 7300 miles which is approximately the distance from London to Indonesia. I am doing these walks because the Samaritans offer 24/7 help to those in distress or those who just are feeling emotionally burdened. It has over 200 branches spanning in all four different countries in the UK who treat each call with complete confidence. It is now free to call the Samaritans (on 116 123) and one of the 20,000 volunteers who work for the Samaritans picks the call up to offer a non-judgmental, kind and perceptive approach to the problem in hand. The work the Samaritans do is, in my opinion, not valued enough and I hope the walk that I will do will help bring awareness to this charity.

Comments

Post a Comment